Ships ready to use - Buy it. Wear it. Survive. That simple.
Pistol Rated - Build-In Body Armor:
- Level IIIA integrated soft armor: Rated to defeat 6 rounds of .44 Magnum, and .357 Sig at 1,430 feet per second. We achieve this with great performance in back face deformation (BFD) numbers. BFD is the amount of energy transferred to your body in a measurement on a constant media.
- Total Weight with Backpack + Armor: Less than 3lbs
Rifle Rated - Build-In Body Armor:
- Level III+ Lightweight integrated hard armor: Rated to defeat (6) rounds of 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball from 51’ at 2,780 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 5.56 x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 (Penetrators) at 3,000 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 7.62x39, and 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball at 2,850 feet per second.
- Total Weight with Backpack + Armor: Less than 9 lbs
- With already sewn-in body armor, the Firebird Armored Backpack is built to stop bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides.
- The backpack is lightweight, weighing in under 3 lbs, making it suitable for regular use by adults and children alike.
- Built-in Body armor. Seamlessly integrated and fully concealed
- The perfect travel companion. Wear The Firebird front facing, back facing, slung over one shoulder, hang it over your seat, or use the straps and carry handle to deploy as a shield.
- Ideal for flying to use as a travel or carry on backpack.
- The generously sized primary compartment features a laptop sleeve, compatible with nearly all laptops. Perfect for all around general use.
Front Upper Pocket:
- The Front Upper Pocket features a Hypalon front accent for improved water and abrasion resistance. It is designed for compatibility with the largest smart phones on the market, including their cases, and even a little extra! You will have no issue fitting your I phone XS Max.
Front Lower Pocket:
- The large general use pocket is complete with key lanyard with hook, and retention pockets for pens and other accessories. It will easily accommodate a full-sized pistol for concealment. Complete with subdued AR500 Armor® Firebird Branding.
The top mounted pocket is located right next to the backpack drag handle. This pocket is lined on the inside with a non-scratch soft fabric and is ideal for storing your sunglasses, wallet, keys, or other accessories.
- Primary Compartment: 18” x 15” (with laptop sleeve)
- Front Upper Pocket: 4.5” x 8”
- Front Lower Pocket: 6” x 10” Top Pocket: 8” x 8”
The Integrated Body Armor:
Manufactured in house in the USA, our integrated armor is Multi-Hit IIIA and .06 compliant - capable of defeating 95% of the bullets used in gun related homicides. The technical specification for NIJ .06 compliant rating is to defeat 6 rounds of .44 Magnum, and .357 Sig at 1,430 feet per second.
We achieve this with great performance in back face deformation (BFD) numbers. BFD is the amount of energy transferred to your body in a measurement on a constant media. Integral Body Armor of your choice is hand sewn into The Firebird Armored Backpack by our team of skilled craftsmen. It ships ready to use. No installation is required on your end
Armor Dimensions: 11” x 15”. We appropriate the armor in it’s ideal ride height for maximum vital protection.
Warranty: The armor carriers a 5-year shelf life, and the model designation of 2019 will help you identify which model you have, and when you should replace your backpack.
The backpack is lightweight, weighing in under 3 lbs, making it suitable for regular use by adults and children alike. One of the best features of the Firebird Armored Backpack is that the armor is completely concealed, so no one will know that your loved one’s backpack doubles as a life-saving device. Our backpacks are currently available in standard black, but additional colors are in our future plans so check back soon! Ships ready to use.
Built-in Body armor. Seamlessly integrated and fully concealed The Firebird Armored Backpack is built to stop the bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides at a total weight of under 3lbs all inclusive, in its lightest configuration. Nobody will know your backpack doubles as a lifesaving tool.
The Firebird is something you take with you everywhere. It affords you protection which could save your life. With 7 years in body armor and plate carrier manufacturing designed for heavy duty use, we’ve taken our industry knowledge and applied it towards lightweight and flexible backpack armor development and backpack design. The result is the most reliable and affordable one-piece armored backpack available today, with the AR500 Armor® quality you expect. Each design aspect is engineered with protection, ease of use, and concealability in mind.
The armor is first manufactured 100% in our Phoenix, AZ facility. Cut, assembled, and sealed by our team of craftsmen. We utilize an Anti-Microbial and Water-resistant rip-stop laminate which is both protective and lightweight. This special IIIA armored panel is inserted into The Firebird, completely sealed again in the ideal location for optimal vital coverage within the backpack. You never have to worry about fitting a specific size within your backpack, or your panel shifting out of position. As it leaves our factory, your backpack is immediately ready for use, full featured, with zero encumberments. You might even forget you have body armor with you.
The perfect travel companion. Wear The Firebird front facing, back facing, slung over one shoulder, hang it over your seat, or use the straps and carry handle to deploy as a shield. Also, ideal for flying to use as a travel or carry on backpack.
The Backpack features durable zippers, padded rear backing for comfort, and padded fully adjustable backpack straps. The Hypalon bottom lining is both high traction, abrasion and water resistant. On each zipper, you’ll find the same high traction Hypalon pull tabs.
We recommend wearing the backpack as high up on your back as comfortably possible for adequate vital coverage.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.